Best Rotisserie Oven 2018: Top 5+ Recommended And Reviews
Are you looking for the a rotisserie oven? This here is your definitive guide to buying the best rotisserie oven out there.
You’ve heard a lot about the health benefits of salmon, avocado, quinoa and other delicious foods. They’re good for your body, your skin and your health, but let’s face it, they can be quite expensive in certain seasons or geographic areas.
You know what other food is also fantastic for you, even though it’s pretty common?
Well, poultry in general.
A lot has been said about the poultry industry and the supposed negative effects of chicken on the body but not enough has been said about the health benefits this delicious meat has to offer. We will talk about this and a list of top 5 best rotisserie ovens on the market now.
Health Benefits of Poultry
- Packed with Lean Protein: Whether you’re working to lose weight or you’re simply trying to eat healthier, chicken is your friend. The protein found in chicken aids in lean muscle growth without packing extra calories, making it an excellent choice for those watching their figure.
- High in Amino Acids: Chicken and turkey are full of tryptophan, an amino acid that helps boost serotonin levels, improving your mood and helping you combat depression. Chicken soup for the soul has taken a whole new meaning, don’t you think?
- Good for your Teeth: Chicken is full of an essential mineral for bone health: Phosphorous. This helps not only your bones and teeth, but also kidney, liver and other important organs.
- Improves your Metabolism: Chicken also packs quite a punch when it comes to selenium, an important mineral that helps boost your metabolic performance. Selenium also packs Vitamin B6, which keeps your metabolism active and healthy.
- Can Help Reduce Cancer Risks: Poultry is full of niacin, a special kind of B-vitamin that helps prevent cancer and DNA damage.
- Great for Tissue Growth: Chicken is also packed with riboflavin, another B-vitamin that can help repair tissue damage, helping your skin look more elastic and healthier.
- Good for Your Eyesight: Could poultry be more nutritious what we’ve already mentioned? You betcha! Poultry also has alpha and beta carotene, lycopene and vitamin A, all of which can help you keep your eyes healthy.
With all those fantastic health benefits of chicken, why wouldn’t you eat poultry at any chance you have?
Why Buy a Rotisserie Oven?
Even the most die-hard poultry fan can tell you that eating poultry over and over again can get a little boring. After all, there’s a limit to the number of ways you can cook chicken using a convectional oven and a stove.
That’s where rotisserie ovens come into play.
Rotisserie ovens are unique cooking appliances that helps you cook meat and poultry faster, easier and healthier than with other methods.
This is thanks to the fact that, by turning around, the chicken and other poultry bastes itself while getting rid of excess fat.
Rotisserie ovens also allow you to save money on the electricity bill, as you can slow roast all kinds of meats using considerably less energy.
If that wasn’t enough, rotisserie ovens aren’t only useful for poultry. You can also cook legs, rib racks, ham and even sausages. So you’ll be able to use your oven over and over again, even if you’re tired of chicken.
Not only that but some rotisserie ovens also allows you to bake, toast, roast, brown and much more!
If you’re looking for a rotisserie oven, there’s plenty to choose from. So much it can be more than a little overwhelming.
We’ve taken to the task of reviewing several items in order to bring you the top 5 rotisserie ovens for home, so you can skip your research and choose from the very best.
Let’s get started!
Reviews of The 5 Best Rotisserie Ovens 2018
This beautiful and simple rotisserie oven has a 22-quart capacity that’s bound to cover almost all of your cooking needs.
It comes with a self-basting lid that helps you cook faster and more efficiently while also allowing you to tend to other things while your meal cooks.
This rotisserie oven also comes with a removing roasting pan, making it easy to clean and a very versatile machine to have at home.
If the removable roasting pan wasn’t enough, this rotisserie oven also comes with a roasting rack that allows you to bake as well, making the size of this oven an asset rather than a problem.
This is by far the most affordable option in this list and thus, the one you should consider if you’re a rotisserie newbie. Not only because it will be able to fit in any budget but also because its functions are straight to the point.
This is the perfect oven for those who’re just getting started and want to see what all the rage about rotisserie ovens is about.
A word of caution, for those who are thinking about doing this. Do not put glass casseroles in this appliance. It gets too hot.
This's also one of the best roaster ovens out there.
- Comes with a removing roasting pan and roasting rack
- Easy to clean
- There’s a learning curve.
- It gets really hot.
- Very large, takes a lot of room.
This rather peculiar looking rotisserie oven is made out of stainless steel and can cook up to a 15-pound turkey or ham without a problem.
The oven’s built, similar to typical rotisserie ovens as opposed to other house-hold versions, allows you to fit up to two whole chickens side to side, browning them to near perfection.
This versatile machine comes with rotisserie baskets and spit rods but they require some assembly so prepare yourself to read instructions and inspect this oven to know what goes where.
This rotisserie oven can get particularly hot, though that’s expected, and it’s quite large, but that’s basically every other rotisserie oven out there.
Another positive aspect of this oven is the fact that you can cook burgers, sausages and even fish in it, making it one of the most useful options in this list.
Perhaps one of the most useful things about this rotisserie oven is the fact that it comes with a variety of accessories, such as rubber gloves, thermometer and injector, carving knife and fork pair, as well as useful trays.
Yes, this product is a bit more pricey but considering what it comes from, including a DVD with instructions, we say the price is worth it.
- Very roomy
- Can cook all kinds of things, including fish
- Comes with spit rods and rotisserie baskets
- Comes with various accessories
- Some assembly needed
- Gets very hot
- Hard to clean
- Provided accessories are useful yet on the cheap side. They might need to be replaced soon, depending on how often you use them.
Perhaps including an oven whose primary function isn’t rotisserie is cheating, but we’ve found the Hamilton Beach 31104 convection oven to be so useful we’re including it in the list nonetheless.
This oven includes two rotisseries and works even more efficiently than regular rotisserie ovens thanks to its convection setting.
Smaller than other rotisserie ovens, this little appliance can still fit two 12 inch pizzas or a whole 5 pound chicken, making it a good compromise between efficiency and space.
Since this isn’t only a rotisserie oven, it comes with bake and broil settings that turns this into one of the best options in this list for those who are really short on space.
Yes, this might not be a proper rotisserie oven but trusts us when we say it does rotisserie chicken quite well, all while giving you the opportunity to cook anything else you want!
Considering this is one of the most affordable objects in this list, this is a fantastic deal for those looking to get the most use out of every purchase they make!
- Multiple functions
- Space saver
- Gets really hot
- Hard to clean
- Not a lot of accessories included
- Large and rather cumbersome, though the fact that it’s vertical does save some space
Yet another convection oven with rotisserie functions, the Cuisinart TOB-200 is a fantastic way of getting the most bang for your buck.
This rotisserie oven has 12 function that allows you to toast, roast, bake, brown and more.
This is a large oven, but still smaller than purely rotisserie ovens, which means it can only fit a 5lb chicken in it. This can be a definite drawback but it’s a plus if you don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen.
This is a rather pricey unit, as well as the most expensive in this list, but it comes with a 3 year warranty that makes the price worth it. Another nice feature is the easy display screen, that makes it possible for you to get all the information you need at a glance, and the rather small number of buttons.
Because it’s easy to operate!
- Looks great
- Good size that fit sin all counters
- Various functions
- Easy to operate
- The temperature always seems to be lower than anticipated
- Not big enough to fit large chickens in it
- Has a bit of a learning curve.
This vertical rotisserie oven looks like something out of a sci-fi movie, which is one of the reasons we love it so much.
The other reason is the fact that you can use it to roast ham, and grill steaks and vegetables, making it a very versatile machine.
This rotisserie oven is unique not only because of its looks and the fact that it’s vertical as opposed to horizontal but also thanks to the fact that it’s has an easy to read digital display.
The glass and stainless steel build ensures longevity while also allowing you to see what you’re cooking even at a simple glance.
Due to its unique design this rotisserie oven is quite easy to clean and will fit a whole chicken without any problem. Better yet, you can actually cook all kinds of skewers inside this, making it a great choice for those who’re looking to cook more than poultry.
That said, if you aren’t a fan of the rather peculiar vertical version don’t worry! The same company carries an horizontal rotisserie oven with the same characteristic, though this one does tend to take more space.
- Looks great
- Easy to clean
- Has a digital display that makes operating this oven even easier
- Once cooked, food is hard to get out.
- Cooks better at the top than at the bottom.
What's The Best Rotisserie Oven?
Now that you know the health benefits of chicken and poultry, as well as the many uses of rotisserie ovens and you have the name and characteristics of the best rotisserie ovens out there, you’re ready to ahead and purchase one to change how you cook chicken forever.
From the above reviews, we choose Cuisinart TOB-200 Rotisserie Convection Toaster Oven as the best rotisserie oven in the market today:
- It's easy for you to operate, very nice interface to set the controls.
- The convection can be controlled separately of other functions at any time.
- Preheat is such a nice feature which signals when it reaches temperature.
Leave a comment letting us know what model you chose and your experiences with them, or simply leave a comment if you have any questions you’d like us to answer.
Thank you very much for reading. Don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family if you found it useful.
Thanks for reading!