Best Whipped Cream Dispensers 2017: Top 5+ Recommended And Reviews
Are you looking for the best whipped cream dispenser? Below is your definitive guide.
It’s hard to think of a more delicious word.
Desserts are what we promise children to get them to eat dinner; They’re what we crave after a long and difficult day; They’re the thing we often take to cookouts and they’re just so fun to make.
Let’s face it, desserts are one of the best things out there, and to get the best results you need the best tools.
What kind of tools, you ask?
Whipped cream dispensers!
Cakes, cookies, tiramisus, ice cream, iced coffee and even hot drinks. So many things use this delicious ingredient, so it makes sense to have a whipped cream dispenser at hand.
Because of that, we’ve reviewed several whipped cream dispensers in order to bring you the best of the best.
Let’s get started!
Things To Consider To Find The Best Whipped Cream Dispenser
Now that you know what the best whipped cream dispensers in the market are, it’s time for you to learn how to select the one that works the best for you.
After all, owning a good whipped cream dispenser is only half the battle.
Here are the things you should consider before buying a whipped cream dispenser:
Whipped cream dispensers generally come in three sizes:
- 1 cup -> ½ pint
- 2 cups – > 1 pint
- 3 cups -> 1 quart
Think about how often you’re planning on using whipped cream.
If you’re thinking about using whipped cream for the occasional dessert, the ½ pint dispensers will do the trick. If you’re thinking about using whipped cream for more professional purposes, then the larger the better.
Talking about commercial purposes.
When it comes to whipped cream dispensers, you can roughly separate them between professional and home use.
Now, they all work roughly the same but the difference is in how sturdy they are and how well they’ll handle constant use.
Sometimes, the material used for professional grade dispensers is almost exclusively aluminum and stainless steel, even the tips. This is because the constant use can wear them out and plastic is just not sturdy enough.
For home use, however, plastic tends to work just fine. After all, you won’t be using whipped cream several times a day, so you won’t subject your dispenser to that kind of stress.
As you can imagine, domestic whipped cream dispensers are more affordable, as well as their replacement parts.
Whipped cream dispensers often use nitrous canisters in order to create the whipped cream: Most standard dispensers will use the same size canisters, but not all dispensers do it.
Not all canisters are available at stores and not all of them are the same price so before you make your choice we recommend visiting your supermarket and seeing what kind of canisters they carry.
Don’t just base your selection of dispenser on this but make sure to give this point a lot of weight as, regardless of the frequency with which you use your dispenser, you’ll want to have easy access to new nitrous cartridges.
How To Use a Whipped Cream Dispenser?
- Unscrew the top from the body.
- While holding in place the valve stem, screw on whichever decorating tip you plan on using. Screw it tightly.
- Make sure the O-ring is firmly placed under the head.
- Take your canister and pour in cold whipped cream or, if your dispenser is powerful enough, whole milk.
- Add finely powdered sugar, syrup of your choice or artificial sweetener. Use as much, or as little, as you want.
- Screw on the top securely and tightly.
- Place a cartridge in the holder and twist it until you hear a small hiss. (Smaller dispensers will only use a cartridge, larger dispensers might use two)
- Shake vigorously 3-6 times and before turning the dispenser upside down to maximize the amount of gas that touches the whipped cream.
- Press the lever to dispense in order to check the consistency.
- If the consistency of the whipped cream is runny, repeat the previous two steps.
- Use once you achieve the desired consistency.
Tricks for Using a Whipped Cream Dispenser
- Keep your whipped cream dispenser and its parts, except for the gas canisters, in the fridge even when you’re not using them. This will maximize how cold they are and will improve the texture of your whipped cream.
- Always use chilled cream to whip, never room temperature or hot cream.
- The secret to whipped cream is a high fat content. The least you can have is 33% so make sure that whatever cream or milk you’re using for this is fatty enough.
- Never leave empty chargers in the valve.
BEST WHIPPED CREAM DISPENSER REVIEWS 2017
This beautiful and stylish whipped cream dispenser is perfect for domestic and professional use alike, thanks to its stainless-steel body and removable decorating tips.
This dispenser comes with 3 stainless tip and a brush to clean them. Not only that, but Otis sells other attachments so you can replace your tips if you lose them or you can purchase different ones if you’re looking to step up your decorating game.
This dispenser has been created with versatility in mind as it can be used to make whipped cream, different types of mousses and even help you infuse cocktails, which means that as long as you clean the dispenser thoroughly, you’ll get quite a lot of use out of it.
Since it’s made with stainless steel it can be a bit heavy and unruly, particularly for those with small hands.
And as far as cleaning goes? It could be easier, but you can place the canister in the dishwasher and wash the attachments by hand.
Yes, this dispenser isn’t the cheapest one out there but it sure is worth its price!
- Mostly dishwasher safe
- Comes with replaceable attachments
- Stylish design
- The top can be unwieldy for small hands
When it comes to whipped cream dispensers, it’s hard to overstate the importance of nozzles and other attachments, as it’s literally impossible to use the dispenser without them.
That’s why we’ve included this wonderful bundle, which includes not only a plastic nozzle perfect for whipped cream and mousses but also a stainless steel funnel, a straining screen, a cleaning brush and an additional charger holder, giving you pretty much all the tools you could possibly need to succeed.
Made with stainless steel, this beautiful whipped cream dispenser is perfect for pastry chefs and regular cooks, as it’s quite versatile and can create whipped cream, mousses and can even be used for frosting.
The pressure is quite powerful, which means that you’ll be able to create some of the fluffiest most delicious whipped cream out there.
Durable and capable of mixing all kinds of ingredients, this is a very capable whipped cream dispenser, though keep in mind that it’s not exactly easy to clean, as the residue does tend to stick to the canister.
- Whipped cream comes out with great texture
- Dishwasher safe
- Nuzzles aren’t replaceable
- Hard to clean
Stainless steel dispensers aren’t the most affordable out there but they’re by far the sturdiest.
The stainless steel also offers this dispenser distinctive advantages, such as the fact that it’s dishwasher safe and comes with a lifetime warranty that will make this not an expense but a long-time investment, particularly if you use whipped cream daily.
With a 1 liter capacity, this beautifully crafted dispenser can hold quite a lot of whipped cream and the included cleaning brush helps you keep residue build up in check.
All this makes it a fantastic option for professional use, so if you’re looking for a whipped cream dispenser you can use in your restaurant and coffee shop, you should definitely consider this one.
- Made with stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe
- Easy to clean
- Can present issues with leaking
- While sturdy, the parts are very hard to replace if they manage to fall
If what you’re looking for is a reliable whip dispender that can be used for more than just whipped cream, both in a professional setting and at home, then this is the choice for you.
The Molecule-R comes with various add-ons that not only lets you take your decorating game to the next level but also allows you to use it for frosting but also to practice molecular cooking, create mousses and more.
While you might assume the plastic, attachments make this dispenser dishwasher safe, it’s actually the contrary as the small pieces can be broken or lost during the washing process which is why we recommend hand washing, but it comes with a cleaning brush so cleaning it is easier than you believe.
One of the best things about this dispenser is the fact that you can use any kind of whipper canister and accessories of third party brands as long as they’re a good fit, making it one of the most versatile whipped cream dispensers out there.
- Comes with all kinds of useful add-ons
- Large capacity for home use
- Not dishwasher safe
- No C20 or N20 Cartridges attached
Sometimes what we really want is something beautiful and fun to look at.
Yes, stainless steel might have its advantages and can be stylish but it can also be quite boring and if you want a whipped cream dispenser that’s as fun as the desserts it makes, then you’re looking in the right direction.
Available in 7 different and eye catching colors, this large 1 pint capacity dispenser comes with three decorating tips that allows you to create desserts as attractive as the dispenser itself.
You’ll be glad to know that most of the color comes from a suede coating which means that you’ll be able to grip this dispenser better than purely stainless steel ones, which is always a plus in the kitchen.
- Looks great
- Fantastic grip
- Comes with attachments
- Not dishwasher safe
- Replacements for attachments not available.
What's The Best Whipped Cream Dispenser?
Though many reviews of the above whipped cream dispensers, the Otis Classic Whipped Cream Dispenser stands out as the clear winner.
I strongly recommend this dispenser because it combines all of the benefits of the previous dispensers into one affordable package.
Frequently Asked Questions Whipped Cream Dispensers
Are whipped cream dispensers easy to use?
Yes, you just need to read the instructions!
In fact, doing so is so easy you’ll soon be mixing all types of ingredients to create flavored whipped cream!
Why purchase a whipped cream dispenser?
That depends on your situation, but the reasons behind this are quite simple:
- For domestic dispensers, the reason is to create delicious tasting whipped cream that’s way better than any canned cream.
- For professional dispensers, canned cream might seem like the most affordable choice, but if you use whipped cream constantly then you’ll end up saving money.
- For professional dispensers, you’ll also be able to create a ‘signature’ whipped cream that your clients will love. A whipped cream your competition won’t be able to replicate unless they know the exact recipe.
Whipped Cream Recipes
We’ve covered all the basics when it comes to whipped cream dispensers so now it’s time for you to try your hand at them.
If you’re feeling a little overwhelmed, don’t be. Here’s a list of recipes that might make things easier for you:
With 10 delicious recipes that go from the classic whip to a wonderful tiramisu one, this list should be your first stop.
You know that a blog dedicated to whipped cream means business, so the recipes you’ll find here means business.
You’ll find recipes for desserts, drinks and even mousses so give it a try!
Full of tips and tricks to get the most out of your whipped cream dispenser, this page is a must for a quick read on whipped cream.
Try their low carb recipe if you’re looking for a more responsible alternative to regular whip cream!