Oh my gosh are these Cheesy Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins delicious! You can tailor the level of heat to your liking or just smother them in more cheese 🙂 Served with butter and honey, they are best enjoyed warm in my opinion. Let me show you how simple it is to throw these together!
How to make Cheesy Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
As mentioned above, it’s easy to make these as hot (or mild) as you would like. I diced some of the jalapeno for the inside of the muffins and placed a few slices on top. Feel free to customize the amounts to your personal preferences.
I first combine the dry ingredients for this recipe with a whisk. That includes the following:
- Baking Powder and
In a separate small bowl, the wet ingredients which include:
- Oil (you could also use melted butter here)
- Finely Diced Onion
- Sweet Corn
- Jalapeno and
Mix together the dry and wet ingredients and once combined, add in the cheese. I’m using a Mexican blend, but you could use the traditional cheddar.
Using an ice cream scoop, place the mixture into a cupcake lined muffin pan. Now you could absolutely use this recipe to make an 8″ x 8″ square, but what fun is that?
I top with those slices of jalapeno we made earlier along with a bit more of that shredded cheese … because you can never have enough cheese.
Bake at 400 degrees until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Allow them to cool slightly before enjoying.
I like them when they are still warm with a bit of butter and honey. Yum! These are so good.
Did you make my recipe for Cheesy Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Cheesy Honey Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins
- Muffin Pan
- Muffin/Cupcake Liners
- Cookie Scoop
- 3/4 c Cornmeal Medium to Finely Ground
- 1 1/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 c Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil (or melted butter)
- 4 tbsp Honey plus more for serving
- 1 large egg
- 1 c Canned Sweet Corn if yours contains salt, reduce the amount of added salt to 1/4 tsp!
- 2-4 tbsp Jalapenos diced, plus slices for topping
- 1/4 c Onion finely diced
- 1 c Shredded Mexican (or Cheddar) Cheese plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Prep the jalapenos, some finely diced and some slices for the topping.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, adding the cheese once incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, place the batter into the prepared muffin tray with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean as you would a cake.
- Allow to cool a bit before enjoying. Serve with butter and a drizzle of honey.
Leave a Reply