This Easy Banana Walnut Bread Recipe is a classic. Tender and delicious, we love ours with a slather of butter. These also freeze really well if you make them in individual mini loaves. This batter makes one standard loaf if you would prefer to make it that way. Let me show you how to make them.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients. They include:
- All Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Vegetable Shortening
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Large Eggs
- Finely Chopped Walnuts
- Very Ripe Bananas
How to make my Easy Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
The first step to making this recipe is to mash the banana and I let the stand mixer take care of that job. Add the sugar, mixing to combine.
Next add the eggs and milk. The milk makes the bread tender so be sure not to skip it.
The original recipe uses vegetable shortening and so that is what we are using today.
Next, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add it to the mixer and blend until combined.
Using a spatula or ice cream scoop, divide the batter evenly between the pans. I’m using mini loaf pans, but you can certainly do this in a standard loaf pan if you’d prefer.
Finally, let’s add the chopped walnuts.
Use a knife to stir the nuts in. To be sure the nuts are evenly dispersed in the mini pans, I add the nuts to each pan and the stir to combine. If you don’t stir, they will all rise to the top. Stirring will ensure the nuts are well dispersed throughout the loaf.
Did you make my Easy Banana Walnut Bread Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
- 1 Stand Mixer
- 1 Mini Loaf Pan
- 1 Baking Spray
- 1 3/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 medium Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 c Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/4 c Walnuts finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pans with non stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the bananas and beat to mash them. Add the sugar, eggs, milk and shortening. Beat to combine.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and add to the mixer.
- Divide the mixture between the mini loaf pans, or use one standard loaf pan.
- Stir in the chopped walnuts and bake until golden and a toothpick inserted comes clean. For the mini loaves, this will be about 25 or minutes. For a standard loaf, about and hour.
- Cool in the pan and then remove to a rack to cool completely.