This Easy Ground Beef Pasta Recipe is reminiscent of those boxed mixes you buy in the grocery store, but so much better! All of the same flavors are there, but kicked up a notch. Serve this with a loaf of crusty bread for a great weeknight, 30 minute meal. Let me show you how to make it!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe:
- Rotini Pasta, cook and drained
- Olive (or Vegetable) Oil
- Finely Diced Onion
- Ground Beef, I like 80/20
- Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
- Worcestershire Sauce
- All Purpose Flour
- Vegetable (or Chicken) Broth
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- Black Pepper
- Cheddar Cheese (or blend)
- Parsley, for garnish
How to make Ground Beef Pasta
The first step is to soften the diced onions in olive oil, then add the ground beef. Cook until done, drain off any excess fat or liquid, then add all purpose flour. Stir for one minute and add Worcestershire sauce.
Next, add your broth, scraping up any bits of flavor on the bottom of the pan.
This is a good time to get that pasta cooked and drained.
Back to the sauce, add the tomato sauce, paste, seasonings and milk.
Stir in about 3/4 of the cheese, reserving some for serving. Stir until melted and well combined.
Finally, add your cooked and drained pasta, a bit more salt and pepper and chopped parsley.
Serve with a loaf of your favorite crusty bread. It’s simply delicious with a bit of parmesan topping as well. I really hope you give this one a try!
Doesn’t that look amazing? I would definitely make this one again and again.
Did you make my Easy Ground Beef Pasta Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Ground Beef Pasta Recipe
- Non Stick Skillet
- Pasta Pot
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 small Onion about 1/4 cup finely diced
- 1/2 lb 80/20 Ground Beef
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 c Vegetable (or Chicken) Broth
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend or to taste
- pinch Garlic OR Garlic Powder to taste
- 1 c Rotini Pasta cooked and drained
- 1/4 c Milk
- 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese OR Blend
- 1 tbsp Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Add oil to a non stick skillet along with the diced onions and cook until tender.
- Add ground beef and salt, Worcestershire and the flour. Stir, cooking for one minute to remove that raw flour taste.
- Add the broth, tomato sauce and tomato paste. Scrape any bits off the bottom of the pan while stirring.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain the pasta.
- Add the milk to the sauce and then about 3/4 of the cheese, reserving some for garnish. Continue to stir until melted and well incorporated.
- Add the pasta, chopped parsley and a bit more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Garnish with a bit more of the parsley and serve with your favorite loaf of bread.