What goes together better than chocolate and peanut butter? This recipe for Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups is kind of a spin on those oh-so-famous cookies you make at Christmas, Peanut Butter Blossoms. But instead of chocolate kisses, this is peanut butter on peanut butter using Reese’s Peanut Butter cups set into peanut butter cookies. Sounds amazing, right?
We’re using Reese’s Miniatures and they fit perfectly into a mini muffin pan. Unwrapping these takes more time than the entire recipe 🙂
How to make Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
In the bowl of an electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), add the vegetable shortening, butter, sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter and and egg. Blend until smooth.
I am using creamy peanut butter here. I think the chunky bits would make rolling these more challenging but you are welcome to try. Leave a comment below if you do! I’d love to know if this works!
Next come all of the “dry” ingredients. They include: Flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop directly into a bowl of sugar.
I am using a combination of granulated and sanding sugars to roll the dough in. This step is optional, but I love the added sweetness it gives.
Place the sugared dough balls into a mini muffin pan lined with mini cupcake liners. If you are not using cupcake liners, spray the pan to ensure you can get them out!
Immediately out of the oven, gently press a Reese’s Miniature into the center of the cookie. Then don’t touch!
The chocolate will melt and firm up again once fully cooled. If you try to remove them before then, you may have a mess on your hands.
Once cooled, they are ready to enjoy. I mean, does it get any better than this? 🙂
Did you make this recipe for my version of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Cups
- Mini Muffin Pans
- Mini Cupcake Liners
- Small Cookie Scoop
- 1/4 c Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar packed
- 1/4 c Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tbsp Butter softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 c All Purpose Flour PLUS 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and add mini cupcake liners to two mini muffin pans. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, shortening, softened butter and egg.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop balls directly into a bowl of sugar and roll.
- Place balls of dough into prepared cupcake liners. Do not press down.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and place on a cooling rack. IMMEDIATELY press a Reese's Miniature into the hot cookies and allow to COMPLETELY before touching. The chocolate will melt and firm up again.
Leave a Reply