I had heard about Sweet Baby Ray’s Crock Pot Chicken and thought, I just have to attempt this one! This recipe is straight off their website and it was delicious! I served it on a sesame seed bun alongside my own favorite coleslaw. I hope you give this one a try!
How to make Sweet Baby Ray’s Crock Pot Chicken
So the first thing you’ll need to track down is a bottle of this stuff. The original Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbecue Sauce. I am a longtime fan, so I knew I was going to love this chicken. We have just a few more ingredients to add though.
A bit of apple cider vinegar.
Garlic powder (you could also use freshly minced garlic).
And red pepper flakes.
Give everything a good whisk.
Place the chicken breasts into the Crock Pot and pour HALF of the sauce over the chicken. You’ll use the rest for serving, so be careful not to cross-contaminate and keep that second half separate from anything that touched the chicken.
Turn the Crock Pot on high heat and cook for 4-5 hours. Mine only took four. You’ll know it’s ready when you can take two forks and just start shredding. I like to keep it quite rustic, but if you’d like a finer shred, feel free to grab your hand mixer. It does a phenomenal job at this! It’s my go-to shredder 🙂
Toss your shredded chicken with the sauce and serve on a sesame seed hamburger bun along with your favorite side, such as coleslaw.
Did you make this recipe for Sweet Baby Ray’s Crock Pot Chicken? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Sweet Baby Ray’s Crock Pot Chicken
- Crock Pot
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless and thawed
- 18 oz Bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
- 1/4 c Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Whisk together all ingredients (except chicken)
- Place chicken in the Crock Pot and pour over 3/4 of the sauce that did not come into contact with the chicken.
- Turn on high heat for at least 4 hours or until it pulls apart easily with two forks if serving on sesame seed buns as shown.. You could also serve the chicken breasts "as is" with your favorite site. We love coleslaw with ours 🙂
Leave a Reply