I’ll be honest with you, guys. I’m very excited about writing this, about the best personal blender for smoothies.
Two years ago I was almost fifty pounds heavier, broke and without the slightest idea of what to do to improve my health and my life.
I knew I needed to change some things and the first one was changing the way I ate which was possible thanks to a personal blender.
It's great chance for me to share with you a list of top 5 best personal blenders for smoothies.
Why Personal Blenders Are Awesome?
Personal blenders might not look like much at first but I assure you, they’re a wonderful tool for just about anyone. Whether you’re a busy entrepreneur, a stay-at-home parent or a college student, personal blenders can change your life.
Do you think I’m exaggerating?
Well think again!
Personal blenders can help you improve your diet, save time and even save a whole lot of money.
Well keep reading!
Blender vs. Juicer
Before we continue, there’s a very big misconception that we need to get out of the way. Blenders aren’t juicers, despite what a lot of people seem to believe.
Blenders are cheaper, more versatile and overall healthier; Sure, juicers are tutted as being ‘all that’ when it comes to healthy eating but, believe me, you’re better off without one of those.
As the name implies, juicer’s main function is juicing. You can juice fruits, vegetables and even roots, often at the same time. While this is certainly convenient, there’s something you need to keep in mind. Juicers are known for separating the pulp from the juice, which while great for those looking for a smooth drink, is actually awful for you.
The pulp is where all the fiber and healthy properties of fruit and vegetables is. By drinking only the juice then you’re drinking only the sugary bits tossing the best to the trash.
Sure, it’s better than drinking a soda or a pre-packaged juice…but barely!
Here is the review of top 5 best masticating juicers in the market today.
Blenders, as their name implies, blend. This means they mix the ingredients you throw in and that’s it. What goes in stays in and that’s what you’re drinking.
Sure, this means your juices and smoothies might end up slightly chunky. For smoothies that’s actually desired and as for juices…well, you can strain them, but then you’ll have the same problem as with the juicers and you’ll end tossing all the goodies away.
Not only that but blenders can be used for much more than just smoothies, as they’re actually necessary for many recipes, such as creams, sauces, soups and even creams!
Even better, some personal blenders can actually be used as food processors, making them a very useful tool in every kitchen.
What’s The Deal with Smoothies Anyway?
I’ve been going on and on about why blenders are much better for smoothies but you might be wondering what’s so good about smoothies anyway?
Well, besides being delicious and a wonderful way of making your diet more varied, here are 7 reasons why smoothies are so great:
- Convenient: Making a smoothie doesn’t take long at all, even when it comes to nutrient packed ones. You can even save some extra time in the mornings by chopping and preparing your ingredients beforehand.
- Healthy: What better way of improving your diet than by increasing your daily consumption of greens and fruits? Even if you don’t like any of these, you can gradually introduce them to your diet by drinking them!
- Better Digestion: This goes without saying. When you improve your diet your digestion improves too!
- Weight Loss: Smoothies helped me lose weight and they can help you too! Since they’re so versatile, you can blend all sorts of powerful ingredients and replace a meal with them. You’ll give your body all it needs while saving on calories!
- Build Muscle: If your goal is to ‘bulk up’ you can also achieve this. Be it with powdered protein or protein packed smoothies, you can supplement your diet in truly delicious ways!
- Great Skin: It might not be obvious but this is another wonderful side effect of a more varied diet. Your skill will look younger, more energized and healthier!
- Super Fun! I’m sure you can already see this but I had a whole lot of fun learning to use my personal blender in a variety of ways and I’m confident you’ll do too!
- Learning to Eat Better: This might be just me but as I learned to make my smoothies healthier (by using more vegetables than fruits, for example) and more nutrient dense while aiming for a lower caloric content I learned a lot about what foods and what combinations are better for certain things.
Am I looking for an energizing meal before the gym? Now I know what I can eat! How about a filling meal? I know exactly how to achieve this.
I’m not even talking about blending at this point, just general meal planning based on all I learned by using a personal blender. Neat, uh?
Now that you know why personal blenders are such a great kitchen appliance and why they can help you improve your diet tremendously it’s time to help you choose the right blender for you, which is why I’ve compiled this short list, which covers the top 5 best personal blender for smoothies.
Let’s get started!
Best Personal Blender For Smoothies Reviews 2018
I’m not going to lie, the NutriBullet was my first personal blender and as such, it holds a special place in my heart.
The NutriBullet is a powerful, and I mean powerful, personal blender that will help you not only create delicious smoothies but also grind seeds, grains, nuts and even coffee. Yes, coffee.
This little powerhouse can be used to make your own almond milk, freshly ground coffee and so much more you’ll end up using it at least once a day.
This may be the best personal blender for smoothies if you can afford the price.
- It doesn’t take a lot of space and it’s very portable.
- Easy to clean up.
- Very powerful.
- Includes a single large container; the other two are too small.
- It will leak if you overfill it and don’t secure it properly.
- If you secure it properly, it can be very hard to open. This goes double if you have small hands.
- It doesn’t blend ice. This deserves its own spot.
- That said, nothing is perfect and the NutriBullet is no exception. There’s a leaking issue that, while easy to avoid, can happen if you’re not careful. Not only that but there are plenty of things you can’t put in there. The biggest culprit? Ice, which simply doesn’t blend right, if at all.
My favorite thing about this blender is it’s looks. Simply put, this blender is gorgeous and it looks particularly amazing when it has fruits inside.
Another great thing about this blender is just how portable the container is. Something that becomes obvious if you use the provided lid, which can be carried around comfortably and even fits car mug holders.
This personal blender is very easy to use and it has very few spilling problems. If any.
That said, the nice looks and portable size of this blender mean the opening is way too narrow which can be a problem when inserting vegetables and other ingredients.
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- The opening is too narrow for some ingredients.
- Not as strong as it could be.
- It doesn’t do well blending ice.
- All in all, this is a solid personal blender that will look great in your kitchen while helping you create delicious smoothies and the price? Well the price is something else!
The first thing you’ll notice about this personal bender is how…different it looks, what with the blades being the detachable part and resting on top of the pitcher instead of the other way around.
The reason of this is because of the size of the pitcher. It’s the biggest in this list and it shows since it can hold up to 6 cups, which makes it perfect if your entire family loves smoothies.
Another great characteristic of this personal blender? It blends ice!
That right there is a huge win for this amazing machine.
- Blends ice!
- Can hold up to 6 cups at a time
- Very powerful
- Easy to clean
- You can’t add ingredients as you blend.
- The stacked blades take a lot of space so you might have to pre-chop some ingredients.
- Though easy, cleaning up might be messy as the blades will drip as you move them to the sink.
- Can’t be used to blend coffee, nuts or grains.
- The fact that the blades are on top means there’s no spillage but you should still be careful not to overfill it, as it will make the blending power go down.
This lovely little personal blender is not only pretty to look at but also a great tool for your kitchen, specially for the price.
Similar to the Epica Personal Blender, the container of this blender is easy to carry around and you can even take it with you in your car. Best of all, the lid actually has a spout which makes it even more practical.
This may be the best personal blender for smoothies according to the price.
- Gorgeous color
- Gorgeous design
- Easy to clean
- Some fruits and veggies must be pre-chopped before blending so they can fit nicely in the container.
- Only comes with one container
- Can’t blend ice.
- Unfortunately, this little blender doesn’t work well with ice but it can blend nuts, fruits, coffee, seeds and even spices so you’ll be using it all the time!
If even after reading all this you still aren’t sold on the many beneficial properties of a blender and you think juicers are plain better then maybe you should try this powerhouse.
This bundle, because it’s the best way to describe this blender, can grind, blend and juice like it’s nobody’s business. It can handle vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds and even coffee.
My favorite thing about this personal blender is just how much stuff it has! It has a grand total of 5 containers of different sizes, making this the undisputed champion when it comes to variety.
- Easy to clean
- No leaking
- Easy to use
- Very varied
- While the containers are of good quality, you can only fill them about halfway to prevent spillage.
- It doesn’t blend ice
- The varied cups can take up too much space if you don’t use them often.
- Unfortunately, this blender isn’t as powerful as the rest but it will still do the trick quite well!
Now you know why personal blenders are all the rage right now. You also know how versatile they can be and that you can use them around the kitchen for far more than creating smoothies.
You also know why smoothies are so popular these days and why making your own can help improve your health and diet.
With all that knowledge, there’s only one thing left to do… Get your own blender and put all that knowledge to test!
Did you like this article? Did you find it useful? Do you think we should add another blender to the list? Which blender do you think best personal blender for smoothies.
Let us know in the comments and don’t forget to like and share with your friends and family.
Thank you for reading!