This Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe makes the most tender, juicy and flavorful chicken you have ever tasted! It’s so easy to make and comes together quickly. The classic Teriyaki sauce gets all glazed in the oven and served over white rice, it’s just so delicious. This is one of my go-to weeknight meals. Let me show you how to make it.
The first step to great chicken is browning it quickly over high heat in a bit of oil. This gives that golden brown exterior, but they will not be fully cooked through at this point.
Place the browned chicken into an oven safe baking dish.
Make a slurry of cornstarch and water. Set aside.
Let’s make the sauce/marinade. You’ll need:
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Ginger
- Minced Garlic
- White Wine Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
Bring this mixture to a boil for two minutes, then add the cornstarch mixture whisking constantly to prevent lumps. Cook another two minutes and then cool before proceeding. It will continue to thicken as it sits.
Brush half of the mixture onto the chicken and bake 20. Brush with remaining sauce/marinade and baking until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees on a thermometer.
I made a lot of sauce for this recipe because if you are anything like me, you like extra for your rice. There is enough sauce in this recipe for up to 8 pieces of chicken depending on size.
Just look at that juicy chicken! Give it a sprinkling of white sesame seeds and garnish with green onions. Best served with white rice.
Did you make my Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
- Large Stock Pot
- Oven Safe Baking Dish
- 4-8 Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken Thighs *there is enough sauce for up to 8 pieces
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
FOR THE CORNSTARCH SLURRY:
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 c Water
FOR THE MARINADE/GLAZE:
- 3/4 c Water
- 1/2 c Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 c Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated, you could also use 1 tsp ground ginger instead
- White Rice cooked
- Green Onions
- White Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and cook in a small saucepan to boiling. Add cornstarch and cook for two minutes or until thickened. Allow to cool slightly.
- Heat a large heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add oil.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add to pot. Brown on both sides and remove to a baking dish. The chicken will not be fully cooked at this point.
- Add 1/2 of the sauce to the chicken using a brush to baste. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the rest of the sauce and bake for another 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degree F.
- Serve with cooked white rice and garnish with white sesame seeds and green onions.