This Easy Cheesy Spinach Omelet Recipe uses a hand mixer to incorporate air creating the puffiest eggs you will ever make. The filling is cheese and spinach and it’s served with a side of your favorite chunky salsa. Let me show you how I make it!
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. They include:
- Nonstick Cooking Spray or Butter, for the pan
- Large Eggs
- Onion or Green Onion (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Baby Spinach Leaves, stems removed
- Chopped Parsley or Green Onion, for garnish
- Mild, Medium or Hot Salsa, for serving
How to make my Easy Cheesy Spinach Omelet Recipe
The first step is to beat the eggs with an electric mixer, either a hand mixer, or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. You can definitely do this by hand, but you want it really foamy (see photo below).
Add either butter or nonstick cooking spray to a nonstick skillet and follow with the foamy egg mixture. Stir until you start seeing some scrambled mixed with the liquid eggs. Add the cheese and wilted spinach.
Allow the omelet to set over medium low heat and give it some salt and pepper, to taste.
Once it firms up a bit, it’s time to use your spatula and give it a flip. You may need to tilt the pan or hold it there for a minute so that it stays in place.
Place a serving plate over the pan and flip the omelet out onto the plate. Serve with a side of your favorite salsa. Garnish with either chopped fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley or Green Onions.
Did you make my Easy Cheesy Spinach Omelet Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Cheesy Spinach Omelet Recipe
- Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer fitted with the whisk attachment
- 8" or 10" Nonstick Skillet
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 6-7 large Eggs
- Onion, Green Onion or Chives chopped, optional
- 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 c Baby Spinach Leaves stems removed
- 1/8 tsp Salt or more, to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Salsa for serving
- Parsley or Green Onion for garnish
- Place 6-7 large eggs into a bowl and using a hand mixer, beat until foamy.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet and add butter or use nonstick cooking spray to generously coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the eggs, stirring with a spatula until you see some scrambles mixed with the liquid egg mixture.
- Add the cheese and spinach (I like to wilt mine just slightly in dry pan over high heat for 1 minute before adding). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Allow to cook over medium low heat until set and fold in half. Allow to cook for another minute or two.
- Place a serving plate over the top of the pan and flip the omelet out onto it.
- Serve with your favorite salsa.
Leave a Reply