Have you ever wanted to make your own restaurant style burger or sandwich buns? These Super Soft Sesame Rolls are so easy to make. Just a few simple ingredients, made either with a mixer or in a bread machine on the dough cycle as I have done here today. Perfect dough. Every single time.
How to make Super Soft Sesame Rolls
You can definitely make dough the traditional way with a stand mixer or even by hand, but I do feel that a bread machine on the dough cycle gives you the best result if you have access to one.
How to form the rolls
Once the dough has gone through the cycle, remove and lightly deflate. Form into a round and then into equal sized wedges. Keep in mind, these will rise before baking and again during baking so go a bit smaller for burger sized buns. For burgers, rather than 8 wedges, I would opt for 12.
Roll the wedges into balls, pinching the seam at the bottom to seal. Cover with a lint free towel and allow to rise for another 30 minutes to an hour, or until doubled in size.
Prior to baking, brush with butter. They’ll get another brushing just after baking.
Bake until golden.
Here comes that second brushing of melted butter.
And now I sprinkle with white sesame seeds so they’ll stick.
Perfectly baked rounds. Allow to cool completely before slicing. I use a serrated bread knife to halve them.
Just look at that texture! Perfect burger buns! Or dinner rolls. Your choice 🙂
Did you make my recipe for these Super Soft Sesame Rolls? Leave me a comment and let me know what you thought!
Super Soft Sesame Rolls
- Bread Machine
- 1 c Water lukewarm
- 2 tbsp Butter room temperature
- 1 large Egg
- 3 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 c Sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Instant Yeast
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- White Sesame Seeds
- Mix and knead the dough ingredients – by hand, stand mixer or bread machine on the dough cycle (recommended) – to make a smooth, soft dough.
- If using a bread machine on the dough cycle, it will perform the first rise. If doing by hand or stand mixer, allow to rest and rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled, gently deflate and divide into 8-12 pieces and roll into balls. Cover and allow to rise again for another hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush the risen dough balls with half of the melted butter and bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with remaining butter and white sesame seeds, if desired. Serve warm.